Alcatel-Lucent Safe Network Access Control (NAC) provides a fully integrated NAC solution for multi-vendor networks with a variety of managed and non-managed endpoints. SafeNAC provides guest access, host integrity check, and role-based access control to help corporations ensure compliance. SafeNAC is also backed by a global multi-vendor capable professional services organization.
SafeNAC has been shown to reduce costs by automating operational processes and minimizing the need for IT operator intervention during the authentication process. There is also simplified troubleshooting and reduced help desk costs which enables a reduction in operational overhead and proactively ensures the health of the network.
The solution offers a number of key benefits including full visibility and control of network activity, protection of network assets and mission critical data, ability to enforce user policies in a centralized manner and most importantly, ability to offer guest access.
SafeNAC is comprised of multiple components including the Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch platforms (AOS 6.3.4 and newer), the Alcatel-Lucent OmniVista Access Guardian and Quarantine Manager, the Alcatel-Lucent VitalQIP and Alcatel-Lucent OmniAccess wireless platforms. The Alcatel-Lucent products are integrated with InfoExpress CyberGatekeeper Policy Server, CyberGatekeeper Policy Management and Reporting, CyberGatekeeper remote and CyberGatekeeper agents.
> InfoExpress CyberGatekeeper
> Alcatel-Lucent VitalQIP
> OmniAccess Wireless LAN
> Access Guardian
> Alcatel-Lucent OmniVista 2770 NMS Quarantine Manager
> Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch
- Cost optimization
- Completely integrated hardware and software solution
- Simplified maintenance and troubleshooting
- Easy to deploy, interoperate and integrate into existing network infrastructure
- Customized solution available via Alcatel-Lucent professional services
- Support for multiple endpoint platforms
- Reduced Help Desk calls for guest access and time to trouble shoot mis-configured endpoints.
- Secure access for endpoints to network resources
- Continuous surveillance for identification and mitigation of rogue and improperly configured endpoints
- Remediation of non-compliant endpoints to guest server or guest access
- Identity-based networking
- Role based access control allowing access only to network resources as defined in user based policies located on the Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch
- Protection of mission critical data and resources
- Centralized policy management provides simplified management of endpoints and users.
- Seamless use of multiple authentication methods (802.1x, MAC, Captive Portal) for automation of endpoint integrity checking.
- Increased compliance
- Consistent compliance policy can be defined and adhered to
- Detailed compliance reporting to provide visibility of activities on the network
- Access control for guests, LAN and wireless
- Endpoint malware protection
- Verify OS and end-point configuration
- Controls automatic remediation
- Role-based post admission control
- Audit reports for compliance
- Non-disruptive, multi-vendor network deployment
- Support for multiple authentication methods, multi-endpoint environments