Security Modules are rack-mounted appliances that protect IP-based business communications against denial of service and information theft attacks.
Alcatel-Lucent Security Modules provide business continuity and information protection for Voice over IP business communications by offering software and protocol integrity protection as well as encrypted communications. The security architecture is based on technology from Thales® — a leading player in the security market.
A Server Security Module (SSM) protects business communications between Alcatel-Lucent Communication Servers and IP phones, IP media gateways and SIP trunks. Media Security Modules (MSM) protect communications with application servers that handle IP media flows such as recording, messaging or conferencing servers.
Benefits: Security Modules
- Business continuity: Protection against denial of service by protocol poisoning
- Information protection: Protection against Man-in-the-Middle attacks, IP phone spoofing attacks and communications eavesdropping
- Compliance with privacy regulations
- High-grade security with a low Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- High performance for centralized IP communication networks
Features: Security Modules
- Signed IP phone and media gateway secure software
- Signed configuration files
- Mutual authentication between security module, IP phone, media gateway
- Signaling encryption
- Media encryption
- Native capability in IP phone, IP boards in media gateways
- Management by Communication Server
- Geographic redundancy support
- Scalable solution
- Zero impact on Quality of Service (QoS) settings and network configuration