Alcatel-Lucent OmniVista 8770 Network Management System is the most powerful and up-to date solution for managing OpenTouch and OmniPCX Enterprise* networks, locally or centrally.
This innovative, modular platform provides a comprehensive and integrated suite of network management applications. Though they can be ordered separately, OmniVista 8770 applications are tightly integrated together for operational efficiency.
- OmniVista 8770 delivers the best value in the industry by providing automated and unified provisioning through a single interface with few parameters. Simplified user creation, service activation and devices association allow managing users cross systems and devices, including My IC Phone and My IC Desktop configuration and deployment.
- OmniVista 8770 provides superior availability. The real-time Performance module continuously measures performance through Key Performance Indicators (KPI). Voice quality is measured by MOS (Mean Opinion Score) and R-factor. Immediate notification in case of threshold crossing provides pro-active monitoring. Capacity planning helps in planning of anticipated infrastructure upgrades.
- OmniVista 8770 preempts potential issues, thanks to its pro-active network management. As soon as new information is generated, OmniVista 8770 displays it in the customized topologic maps, sends an e-mail, sounds an alarm, and launches an application to notify the appropriate person.
- OmniVista 8770 reduces overall administrative costs through its multi-carriers, multi-currencies metering and tracking application.
- OmniVista 8770 enriches internal communication with the company directory, automatically updated with OpenTouch™ and the OmniPCX Enterprise network. Administrative information can be added, due to the import/export from other directories, such as Active Directory®. The OmniVista 8770 LDAP directory can be reached via a PC through the intranet via a browser, and the users can place a call.
- OmniVista 8770 is easy to integrate in the existing network. Its Windows 2008 client/server architecture allows multiple users to access its services, while its embedded security agent configures administrators’ access rights. A migration path provides evolution from OmniVista 4760.
* as of 8.0