OmniVista™ 2500 Network Management System (NMS) provides a cohesive management and network wide visibility increasing IT efficiency and business agility. The Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise OmniVista 2500 Network Management System provides a full set of management tools for converged campus networks and data center switching. It includes analytics, Unified Access security and data center virtualization management for large, diversified network infrastructures within a single cohesive platform. It also provides advanced Network Analytics for full visibility into users, devices, and applications, as well as predictive analysis for forward planning.
The scalable system oversees daily network operations and features with centralized management for network assurance, network security & policy and moves, adds & changes. OmniVista 2500 provides a highly scalable solution available in the traditional server model as well as available as a virtual machine providing better SaaS support.
The administrator’s interface is very flexible and accessible using standard web browsers. anytime, anywhere. For greater flexibility, RESTful API’s allow third party and tailor made management applications to interact in a standardized way.
OmniVista 2500 NMS increases the IT efficiency of day-to-day operations resulting in a better user quality experience.
It provides CIOs with the necessary tools and reports to enable successful business outcomes.
>Learn more about the OmniVista 2500 Virtual Machine Manager
Benefits: OmniVista 2500 Network Management System
- OmniVista™ 2500 Network Management System (NMS) provides a web-based interface for management providing a cohesive management and network wide visibility increasing IT efficiency and business agility. OmniVista 2500 NMS has a smart integration with the latest web techniques allowing access anytime from anywhere. OmniVista 2500 NMS has a web interface providing a customizable dashboard that can be tailored to the network administrator’s needs of most used or critical management functions.
- OmniVista 2500 NMS is a highly scalable system available in the traditional server model as well as a virtual appliance providing SaaS support.
- Omni Vista 2500 NMS provides unified management of your whole network with Alcatel-Lucent network and third network equipment. It provides integration with ClearPass for full BYOD services for ease and consistency of management.
- Providing a network-wide management system for the Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise Network portfolio OmniVista 2500 NMS comprises a comprehensive set of components and tools for infrastructure configuration monitoring, security, device configuration, alert management, quarantine, troubleshooting, downtime resolution and overall management. It reduces cost and time required for efficient deployment of QoS and ACLs across thousands of devices delivering consistent policy behavior.
- Network analytics monitor network bandwidth & key traffic patterns through advanced collection and reporting capabilities, providing insights to IT department and CIO on how network resources are consumed, for a proactive optimization of the end-user quality of experience.
- The OmniVista 2500 Virtual Machine Manager component works with leading virtualization platforms to create a seamless, fully integrated management for virtual machine movements and ensures the network policies move with the virtual machine.
Features: OmniVista 2500 Network Management System
- Single consolidated interface for network deployment, troubleshooting, performance analysis, configuration operations
- Unifies management of network services, resources users for wired, wireless
- Northbound Interface RESTful API for application interoperability
- HTML5 web based Client based for flexible client options (Tablets)
- User Interface following Web 2.0 principles enabling easy navigation, consistent workflow and user experience
- Real time monitoring and analysis of critical network performances indicators through visual widgets
- Full choice of displays, data and other important network and device information with advanced reporting capabilities
- Supports discovery for Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise devices and third-party devices,
- Visual topology for Logical and physical
- infrastructure with actual neighbor linkage info (IP subnet, Layer 2, LLDP adjacency protocols) with live device status
- Dynamic custom logical map based on user defined based filters (IP subnet, location, model, user provided descriptive info)
- Configure and deploy policies for bandwidth management and network access credentials through a task centric workflow
- Integration with ClearPass for unified authentication approach with consistency check for profiles definition across all solutions components
- Provides valuable network bandwidth & traffic patterns insights into which applications (Top N apps) are consuming the most network bandwidth, and tracks application traffic arriving from users (Top N talkers) and stores & displays flow data with up to one minute granularity
- Get insight in the network health with advanced, graphical analytics on most problematic switches based on device state (CPU, memory, temperature)
- Enable automatic generation of business centric, CIO oriented analytics graphic reports for network analytics
- Improved network health by providing capacity trending analysis application on port utilization and port anomalies, impacting network health and operational performance, enabling an enhanced end-user experience
- Threshold alert on trend projections and network anomalies, accelerating issue resolution by quickly identifying root causes and early warning signs potentially leading to risks of outages, reducing downtimes
- Identifying early on new network resources requirements or network redesign before they become a problem, streamlining network deployment
- Authentication configuration and end-user profile definition for appropriate network access rights and dynamic business policies
Virtual Machine Manager
- Single pane-of-glass for end-to-end physical and virtual networks infrastructure operations
- Interfaces with leading enterprise virtualization platforms and hypervisors, VMware vCenter and Citrix XenServer for discovery and inventory
- Real time location tracking between virtual machine and network infrastructure