At the heart of the award-winning Alcatel-Lucent Instant Communications Suite is the software-based Alcatel-Lucent OmniTouch™ 8460 Advanced Communications Server (ACS) for enablement of business applications and process communications.
OmniTouch 8460 ACS powered applications increase enterprise agility, foster innovation, and reduce or eliminate reliance on third-party services, giving enterprises a competitive advantage while increasing margins. Carriers, OEMs, system integrators, and businesses today use OmniTouch 8460 ACS as a communications and presence engine to enable the rapid deployment of a wide range of real-time applications and services for hosted and premises-based environments across wireless and wire-line networks.
Benefits: OmniTouch 8460 Advanced Communications Server
- Enhances employee portals and Web 2.0 business applications and processes
- Allows a single service to communicate with disparate systems through standards-based communication protocols
- Enhances internal and external communication with the integration of telephony and collaboration applications
- Automates business processes to reduce latency, and lower support and administration costs
- Differentiates services by adding multi-party voice, collaboration, and presence capabilities
- Accelerates time to market for new and/or enhanced applications
Features: OmniTouch 8460 Advanced Communications Server
- Add conferencing and collaboration features with mature XML- and SIP-based APIs (REST Web services)
- Build extensible applications using open standards and an integrated media server
- Runs on standard computer hardware for low total cost of ownership and entry cost
- Uses a browser-based administrative interface to manage and supports multiple operating systems and browsers
- Built for multi-location, multi- domain, and multi-tenanted platforms
- Supports thousands of media legs with high-capacity media processing per standard hardware platform