Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch™ 6855 Ethernet Hardened LAN Switch models are industrial grade, managed, Gigabit Ethernet switches designed to operate reliably in harsh electrical and severe temperature environments.
This superior, rugged hardware design coupled with the widely deployed and field proven Alcatel-Lucent Operating System (AOS), makes it ideal for the following:
- Industrial and mission-critical applications - locations that require devices to operate at wider operating temperatures, have more stringent EMC/EMI requirements and have an optimized feature set for high security, reliability, performance and easy management.
- Applications requiring Gigabit backbone connectivity - power utilities, transportation and traffic control systems, industrial factory floor installations, video surveillance systems and outdoor installations.
- The target applications for these versatile LAN switches are power utilities, transportation and traffic control systems, industrial factory floor installations, video surveillance systems and outside installations, all requiring the benefits and performance of IP and Gigabit Ethernet.
OmniSwitch 6855 Models
- OmniSwitch 6855-U10
- OmniSwitch 6855-U24X
Copper with PoE
- OmniSwitch 6855-P14
- OmniSwitch 6855-14
- OmniSwitch 6855-24
CodeGuardian™ technology ready for enhanced switch – level software integrity.
Benefits: OmniSwitch 6855
- Designed to operate in a wide temperature range and harsh EMI/EMC environments with uninterrupted traffic and zero communication errors
- Withstands industrial/military shock and vibration tests
- Designed with redundancy and availability in mind
- Environmentally-friendly product
- Wire-rate performance for IPv4 and IPv6 traffic
- PoE support that enables converged networks in challenged environments to connect and power security cameras, IP phones, wireless access points
- Fully secures the network at the edge, at no additional cost, by supporting the network proactive and reactive capabilities that are provided through the Alcatel-Lucent Access Guardian, traffic anomaly detection, and the Alcatel-Lucent OmniVista™ 2500 Network Management System Quarantine Manager
- Supports cost-effective installation and deployment by automated switch setup and configuration, and end-to-end VLAN provisioning
Features: OmniSwitch 6855
- Purpose built, industrial strength hardware design, engineered to operate in temperatures ranging from -40C up to + 75C
- Convection cooling fan-less design that offers increased reliability and lower acoustic levels
- Diverse power supply options: External, redundant, hot swappable, AC and DC
- Wide choice of models offering different port densities: 10, 14, 24GigE, copper that support a variety of fiber types including single-mode, multi-mode, short and long haul optics allowing distances of up to 70 km
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) support on all copper models
- Advanced quality of service (QoS) to support triple-play applications
- Integrated security features for network access control, policy enforcement and attack containment
- Wire rate IPv4/v6 layer 2 and 3 switching at gigabit speeds for future proof investment