A high-capacity, high-performance modular Ethernet LAN switch
The Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch® 10K modular LAN chassis platform is based on the Alcatel-Lucent Operating System (AOS), which is a state-of-the-art, scriptable operating system. The OmniSwitch 10K delivers uninterrupted network uptime with non-stop Layer 2 and Layer 3 forwarding and in service software upgrades. Deep packet buffers, a lossless virtual output queuing (VOQ) fabric, and extensive traffic management capabilities improve application performance and user experience. Its scalability and Layer 2/3 fabric throughput help you meet your bandwidth requirements for today and tomorrow.
This platform simplifies the Layer 2/3 network deployments. The network has better performance and resiliency because of the OmniSwitch 10K hardware architecture and its virtual chassis technology. The OmniSwitch 10K implementation offers Virtual Extensible LAN (VXLAN) snooping, OpenFlow™, Shortest Path Bridging (SPB), Data Center Bridging (DCB) capabilities, Quality of Service (QoS), and Layer 2/3 switching suitable for dynamic network provisioning as well as traffic monitoring and control. It also offers user and server access automation through Edge Virtual Bridging VEPA (IEEE802.1Qbg EVB) and use of Alcatel-Lucent dynamic Virtual Network Profiles (vNP). Network virtualization for simplified, fully automated data center and cloud deployments is enabled over SPB (IEEE 802.1aq SPB-M) or Multiple VLAN Registration Protocol (MVRP) backbones.
The OmniSwitch 10K is a perfect fit for data center applications and serves as a long-term upgrade to any network because of its class-leading low-power consumption, front-to-back cooling, compact form factor, and components that are all front-accessible.
Benefits: OmniSwitch 10K
- Reduces network layers as well as investment and operation costs with maximized network performance that delivers quality bandwidth for improved application and user experience
- Provides interoperability, investment protection and flexibility
- The OmniSwitch virtual chassis increases system redundancy and resiliency, providing maximum uptime and high availability in the network
- Optimizes and simplifies Layer 2 and Layer 3 network designs and reduces administration overhead while increasing network capacity with resilient multipath active-active dual homing multichassis support
- The RESTful interfaces expose a rich set of programming capabilities, allowing a wide range of applications and external controllers to control the data plane of the OmniSwitch
- Flexible out-of-box fabric architecture automates and simplifies the end-to-end design, deployment, provisioning and operation of campus, data center and cloud-based services
- Embedded Software-Defined Networking (SDN) integration to control virtual network profiles and policy management
- Unifies physical and virtual infrastructures, providing network operators with a comprehensive end-to-end network view for virtual machine (VM) inventory, location tracking, event and log auditing and provisioning operations
Features: OmniSwitch 10K
- High-density, non-blocking 10/40 GigE ports with large packet buffers. Includes high-density 10/100/1000 Mb/s ports.
- Virtualized management, control and programmability with unified virtual chassis, comprehensive northbound RESTful API, AOS-embedded scripting with Python® and Bash programming support, and hardware-based virtual routing and forwarding
- Scalable network virtualization architecture with guaranteed service-level agreement (SLA) delivery over standard Ethernet fabric
- Zero-touch provisioning and network automation with out-of-box plug-and-play Auto Fabric for automated protocol and topology discovery
- Virtual Extensible LAN (VXLAN) snooping for dynamic real-time multi-tenant visibility and SLA policy enforcement
- Integrated overlay (VXLAN) and underlay internetworking automated with the OpenStack® Neutron plug-in
- Scalable network virtualization architecture for SLA delivery over standard Ethernet fabric: Shortest Path Bridging (SPB) for bridged and routed services, Edge Virtual Bridging (EVB), and dynamic Virtual Network Profiles (vNP)
- Alcatel-Lucent OmniVista® 2500 Virtual Machine Manager (VMM), Virtual Network Profiles (vNP) integration, virtual machine (VM) SLA monitoring and application fingerprinting for unmanned network operation, and self-adjusting SLA for application delivery
- Multi-hop FCoE (Fibre Channel over Ethernet) transit switching based on T11-BB-5 with FCoE Initialization Protocol (FIP) snooping and flexible multi-queue IEEE DCB support: extends the lossless capability beyond FCoE to any traffic class in any Class of Service (CoS) queue and for many queues simultaneously in the same port