A high performance wireless mobility solution for enterprises
Alcatel-Lucent OmniAccess™ Access Points (APs) are small, lightweight and can be securely deployed in a variety of locations such as on walls, cubicles, desktops, and in the ceiling. The AP antenna diversity allows for the best possible signal processing using dual, omni-directional antennas.
Alcatel-Lucent OmniAccess APs work with Alcatel-Lucent OmniAccess Wireless LAN (WLAN) switch/controllers to provide a high performance wireless mobility solution for enterprises. Alcatel-Lucent OmniAccess APs have an extended lifespan because they automatically configure themselves across any L2/L3 network using discovery, allowing easy upgrades when new features, capabilities, or standards emerge.
Three access point types are available:
- Dependent Access Points
- Remote Access Points
- Instant Access Points
Dependent Access Points
Alcatel-Lucent OmniAccess Access Points provide enterprise-class access capable of supporting multiple functions including wired and wireless access, air monitoring/wireless intrusion detection and prevention. These access points deliver secure user-centric network services and applications. They require a WLAN switch/controller and software licenses.
Remote Access Points
Alcatel-Lucent OmniAccess Remote Access points provide enterprise-class remote access capable of supporting multiple functions including wired and wireless access, air monitoring/wireless intrusion detection and prevention. These remote access points deliver secure user-centric network services and applications to remote branch offices, home office workers and telecommuters. They require a WLAN switch/controller and software licenses.
Instant Access Points
Alcatel-Lucent OmniAccess Instant Access Points make Alcatel-Lucent OmniAccess Mobility Controller capabilities on 802.11n access points (APs) virtual creating a feature-rich, enterprise-grade wireless LAN (WLAN) that delivers the affordability and simplicity of an entry-level Wi-Fi network. No WLAN switch/controller is required and software licenses are included.
Related Solutions and Services
Solutions for SMB >
Benefits: OmniAccess Wireless Access Points
- High-performance WLAN - OmniAccess access points leverage ClientMatch™ technology to ensure that devices are connected to the best AP, which prevents the Wi-Fi network from slowing down as people move throughout your campus
- Application awareness - to ensure predictable Wi-Fi performance, Alcatel-Lucent next-generation mobility firewall leverages deep packet inspection (DPI). It classifies traffic by application or application groups so that you can apply prioritization and policies based on your business needs
- Secure WLAN - to secure the air, OmniAccess access points support RFProtect™, which provides integrated wireless intrusion protection and spectrum analysis capabilities
- Deployment flexibility - with flexible deployment options, enterprise-class Alcatel-Lucent OmniAccess access points can be controlled locally or remotely by centralized OmniAccess Controllers or operate in controller-less Alcatel-Lucent Instant mode
- Multi-environment solution - Alcatel-Lucent 802.11ac and 802.11n access points (APs) deliver superb Wi-Fi performance to a wide range of indoor and outdoor environments
Features: OmniAccess Wireless Access Points
- ClientMatch technology eliminates sticky clients by continuously gathering connection metrics from mobile devices and using this data to steer each one to the best AP and radio on the WLAN. Proactive and deterministic, it provides nonstop Wi-Fi client optimization as users roam and RF conditions change
- AirGroup makes managing Airplay and DLNA capable devices on your network as simple as using them. AirGroup works across multiple subnets and can free up to 10 times the Wi-Fi bandwidth by preventing multicast traffic
- AppRF technology continuously evaluates mobile app usage and performance and makes configuration adjustments in real-time to ensure optimal bandwidth, priority and network paths
- Spectrum Analysis capabilities provide a critical layer of visibility into all sources of RF interference and their effects on WLAN performance
- Adaptive Radio Managemen (ARM) is a proven, patented technology that uses automatic infrastructure-based controls to manage the entire RF spectrum. ARM™ dynamically adapts to the RF environment to ensure Wi-Fi stability and predictability, as well as optimal performance for all clients and applications