The OmniAccess 5800 Enterprise Services Router (ESR) series is innovative and revolutionary product bringing together both a communications infrastructure and business processes in the same dual core hardware platform. It is a high performance professional router and PBX with an integrated standards-based secure application server, thus providing unified management aimed at simplifying provision and maintenance tasks.
The OmniAccess 5800 can act as an office server for files/printers/scanners, IP telephony, domotics management, energy efficiency, LDAP backup, and many other uses. It is based on standards so any application based on GNU/Linux can be easily and quickly migrated making the OmniAccess 5800 series an integrated solution that reduces dedicated server maintenance costs.
ESR Video Datasheet
Watch this video datasheet and more on our YouTube Demo Channel
All of this without losing sight of the fact that the OmniAccess 5800 series is also a professional router with advanced features and switching capacity superior to 100Mbps, a full network Operating System in addition to many different LAN and WAN connectivity capabilities. The router can native provide Wi-Fi and 4G (cellular) interfaces. Additionally by using its two expansion slots, a myriad of interfaces can be added: VDSL2, ADSL2+, G.SHDSL (2p), 3 serial ports, 2 BRI, 2 SFP, 4 FXS/FXO, 2 E&M, or 4 E1/T1.
Benefits: OmniAccess ESR Modular Routers
- 800 MHz dual core CPU provides full routing functionality and leaves a core available for applications.
- Simplifies application management in offices, by integrating it into the same box as the router.
- One of the most complete network protocol stacks for access routers Worldwide
- Very high performance.
- Top-grade management. The SNMPv3 agent allows integration with network management platforms.
- Embedded WLAN IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n interface (MIMO, double port for external WiFi antennas), with professional security (IEEE 802.11i).
- Embedded 4G cellular interface
Features: OmniAccess ESR Modular Routers
State of the art in hardware and software
Up to two independent devices perfectly integrated into one box:
- Powerful modular router with advanced routing functionality
- Versatile applications server with a Debian GNU/Linux base
- Encryption processor incorporated; optimizes device performance in scenarios with IPSec tunnels.
- Fully parameterized IPSec Client/Server. Advanced IPSec features such as PKI encryption (Digital Certificates), extended authentication and Reverse-Route Injection guaranteeing compatibility with other commercial VPN solutions.
- Latest generation meshed topology VPN networks (Dynamic Multipoint VPN technology).
- Base double connectivity Gigabit and an 8 port integrated switch (with optional PoE)
- 2 expansion slots and many card possibilities: VDSL2, ADSL2+, G.SHDSL (2p), 3 serial ports, 2 BRI, 2 SFP, 4 FXS/FXO, 2 E&M, or 4 E1/T1.
Routing software orientated towards enterprises
The OmniAccess 5800 series uses ESR code (Alcatel-Lucent’s Internetworking Code), and is widely regarded as a point of reference for professional routing and used by the hundreds of thousands of devices operating for clients and in the most demanding environments. The following are just a few of the outstanding characteristics:
- Enormous emphasis is placed on security, incorporating firewall features (Stateful firewall) and IPSec with all its variants (RC4, DES, 3DES, RSA, SHA-1, MD5 algorithms, digital certificates, DMVPN, GETVPN, etc…)
- Supports IP Telephony with Media Gateway features (MGCP, SIP, H323) and IP Telephony integrated server capable of managing up to 300 telephones with SIP, H323, Alcatel NOE/UE or SCCP (Skinny) protocols.
- Quality of Service, with CBWFQ, LLQ and WRED algorithms supporting hierarchical system with 32 different traffic classes per interface, traffic marking and profiling as well as traffic pre-classification contained in VPNs and integrating QoS with MPPP and fragmentation.
- Necessary routing protocols adapted to corporate networks and MPLS in general (RIP-2, BGP-4 and OSPF in addition to Policy Routing, routing activating based on polls, HSRP, VRRP, VRF,…)
- Management adapted to needs of carriers and large enterprises through powerful command lines (CLI), access controlled through RADIUS/TACACS+, SNMPv3, ample level of debugs and statistics, integrated analyzer compatible with Ethereal/Wireshark, etc.
Application scenarios on the embedded GNU/Linux core
As an applications server, the OmniAccess 5800 series can be integrated in numerous scenarios such as:
- intrusion detection polls and service denegation
- communications accelerator
- web cache proxy and content control
- file or printer server
- video flow control,
- digital signage
- energy efficiency