Overlooking the sea, and near the Marina of Calheta Madeira Island, the 5-star Savoy Saccharum Hotel Resort & SPA (Savoy Saccharum Hotel) has 175 rooms, 6 suites and 62 apartments. A unified solution helps hotel stand out in Madeira’s crowded market by delivering an outstanding guest experience.
- The AFA Group was building a new luxurious hotel, the Savoy Saccharum Hotel, in the important tourist destination of Calheta in the autonomous region of Madeira, Portugal.
- To stand out in a crowded market, the hotel needed a network solution that would deliver an excellent guest experience and project a modern image.
- The hotel wanted a reliable and secure network that could support high performing wired and wireless internet for guests and staff, an IP voice solution for the entire hotel, IP CCTV, IP television and Power over Ethernet (PoE) for terminals. The solution also had to seamlessly connect with the AFA Group’s VPN.
- The unified Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise solution simplifies management and maintenance of the network.
- Working with a single vendor solution and partner (MEO/Tecnocom) further simplifies IT administration for the hotel.
- As required, the Savoy Saccharum Hotel’s new network connects seamlessly with the AFA Group’s VPN.
- The solution is cost effective to operate. It is a foundation the hotel can capitalize on to add new services in the future.
- Guests can enjoy a luxurious experience, enhanced by reliable wired and wireless internet access across the hotel property.
"We have created a stand-out guest experience, thanks to the Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise solution. Going forward, we will take advantage of the network’s flexibility to expand hotel services over IP."
— Ricardo Nascimento, Hotel Director