Läkarhuset Odenplan is located in Stockholm and is the largest private healthcare facility in Sweden. The 14-floor center is home to about 20 clinics and medical practices. Thanks to the implementation of the Alcatel-Lucent OpenTouch® Notification Service, Läkarhuset Odenplan has greatly improved patient and staff safety.
- Läkarhuset Odenplan’s existing fire alarm solution only sounded on the ground floor of the building, failing to alert all of the clinics on the remaining 13 floors and creating confusion for clinics and patients.
- Läkarhuset Odenplan wanted a simple and cost effective solution that would notify all clinics and offices to ensure that proper fire safety procedures be followed.
- In case of a fire alarm, notifications are made through text messages and via spoken messages on loudspeakers on desktop terminals and handsets. The OpenTouch Notification Service alerts fixed telephones, DECT telephones and smartphones (via the SmartApp on the GSM network), indicating on which floor the alarm was triggered and enabling clinics to follow appropriate fire safety procedures.
- The Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise Professional Services team delivered helpful and accurate implementation support.
- The solution can be expanded to integrate the local alarm systems from each of the clinics, an option currently being investigated by Läkarhuset Odenplan.
- All telephony and notification services are covered under one contract.
- The native integration of the notification service with the OmniPCX Enterprise Communication Server means no costly re-cabling is required.
- The real-time availability of information ensures greater safety for all staff and patients in the building.
- Notifications on smartphone devices offers greater flexibility for users who wish to stay informed while remaining mobile.
"Thanks to the new notification solution, we are now in line with local government fire safety recommendations. Going forward we want to build on the success of this first stage, perhaps by adding floorplan geolocation or other alarms, such as man down or intrusion, in the notification scenario. We also have other facilities in the city where we may implement the solution.There are many possibilities open to us. "
— Ingvar Wiklander, Telecom Manager