Puxico School District is a K-12 district located in Puxico, Missouri. It has about 850 students and 130 members of staff. With its new network backbone, the district can provide students with the reliable wireless connectivity they need to take their state-mandated tests without interruption.
- Puxico School District wanted to replace its 1GB backbone, composed of switches from multiple vendors, with a higher performing and uniform 10GB core.
- A robust solution was required that could support a growing number of devices, including school laptops and new digital security cameras, and was scalable enough to adapt to future needs.
- It was critical for the district to install a reliable wireless network in order to carry out state-mandated testing for all students.
- Network management is greatly simplified thanks to the interface that allows devices to be remotely managed.
- Puxico School District can scale up the network to meet the demands of future projects, for example, adding IP phones or implementing wireless devices in the district.
- Maintenance has been facilitated, freeing the technical team to focus on other tasks.
- The solution, financed by federal E-Rate funding, offers great value while staying within budget.
- Students now have the connectivity they need to take their tests wirelessly without any performance issues.
- The network-supported security system upgrade maximizes safety for everyone onsite.
"The Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise solution ticks all of the right boxes for us. It’s helped us meet our objectives and has made network management simpler. We look forward to continuing our partnership with ALE USA, Inc. and NovaCopy."
— Don McRoy, Technology Coordinator