Sage HR & Payroll is a leading supplier of cloud-based and on-premises payroll and HR solutions for SMBs, corporates and multinationals in South Africa. Thanks to a converged solution, the company was able to facilitate employee communications and improve telephony support for its customers, while cutting operational costs at the same time.
- Sage HR & Payroll employees in South Africa had no access to VoIP or Wi-Fi, making it hard to communicate while on the move within the HQ building as well as between sites across the country.
- Moreover, since the sites were not connected on a single network, Sage HR & Payroll was using significant public network bandwidth for cross-site communications, which was not viable in the long-term, for both practical and financial reasons.
- Sage HR & Payroll lacked a robust solution to provide quality telephony support for its customers, a key part of their service offering.
- Sage HR & Payroll now has a centralized management system for all 7 office sites. There is a single management platform for voice and data and a central view of the system for easier maintenance.
- The converged network for voice and data has enabled the delivery of VoIP telephony and data applications, with full redundancy and high availability. This has reduced the amount of bandwidth required between the sites.
- The converged network removes the need for two separate integrators; one for voice and one for data. This has significantly reduced operational expenditures.
- Employees at Sage HR & Payroll now enjoy mobility, as well as a Wi-Fi network, throughout the office building and between sites. This allows them to be more efficient, thanks to easier collaboration and mobile working.
"Rather than working in isolation, we now have all our offices connected to make synchronized, integrated communications possible. This has improved the way we work within the company and serve our customers."
— Sandra Swanepoel, Managing Director