Medcare is the premium healthcare division of Aster DM Healthcare, a private healthcare conglomerate in the Middle East and India. Thanks to its new converged network, which supports medical excellence and patient safety across multiple sites, Medcare can offer patients a 5-star experience.
- Medcare wanted to implement a converged network infrastructure in new and existing sites to give doctors and staff instant access to knowledge, especially in critical areas like operating rooms, to enable the quick and accurate decision-making needed to deliver optimal patient care.
- The required converged data network, wireless LAN and voice communications had to support doctor and staff mobility across 6 sites in the UAE: Medcare Hospital Al Safa, Women & Children Hospital, Medcare Medical Center Marina, Medcare Medical Center Sharjah, and 2 additional clinics which are set to open in Motor city and Falcon city. The aim is to converge all Medcare sites in the future.
- The robust and highly available network gives doctors 24/7 access to the medical information, including patient test results like MRI scans and x-rays, needed to offer the best patient care.
- Bandwidth allocation capability allows Medcare to give priority bandwidth to critical areas of hospitals and medical centers, for example operating rooms, making sure information is available to advise potentially life-saving decisions at all times.
- The converged data and voice network is centrally managed by the network management system, which provides the IT team with real-time insight and greater control over network status and operations, helping significantly reduce outages and bottlenecks.
- The shared data center has simplified maintenance demands, freeing the IT team to work on strategic projects and reducing operational costs.
- The improved infrastructure supports Medcare’s status as a leading UAE healthcare provider and reinforces the attractiveness of the facilities.
- In addition, Medcare benefits from a lifetime guarantee warranty.
- The enhanced converged network supports patient care and safety by assuring access to patient files and test results from anywhere across the sites.
- Unified Access allows doctors and staff to keep their access profiles across facilities, enabling mobility while delivering reliable connectivity on the go.
- Patients benefit from top-of-the-line connectivity and services, making their stay more comfortable.
"The Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise solution helps us to deliver a 5-star patient care and healthcare experience. By facilitating access to information for doctors and medical personnel, it supports staff productivity and helps our team make the right decisions every time.
— Naushad Mohammed, General Manager - IT