EWE Group is a German energy, telecommunications, and information technology Group. It adopted cloud-based telephony to ease communications and make savings.
- The EWE Group wanted a solution to the technical difficulties and phone outages caused by its aging and complex network infrastructure. It was also looking to generate important cost savings.
- The 250 Private Branch Exchanges (PBX) in service, few of which were IP based, came from different vendors and presented interoperability problems. Finding staff with the know-how to manage the many systems had become expensive and difficult.
- As an energy company, EWE needed to support its teams in remote locations. It was critical that the solution offers high availability, ensure business continuity, and connect to analog radio stations.
- EWE Group now leases its network services from EWE Tel and is no longer burdened by network management and maintenance.
- Phone outages are a thing of the past thanks to the redundant telecommunications network.
- The consumption based model means that EWE Group only pays for what it uses.
- Important savings have been achieved thanks to substantially lower operation, installation and maintenance costs.
- ROI will be achieved in under 4 years.
- Employees in remote regions are constantly connected to the network via their analog radios.
- The new infrastructure promotes mobility and enables users to connect with multiple mobile devices.
"The virtualized telephone equipment offers us the highest degree of flexibility and full cost control at the same time."
— Ludwig Kohnen, Managing Director