Established in 1864, Oechsler AG is now a major global plastics engineering and manufacturing company. Headquartered in Ansbach, southern Germany, the company has three German locations, as well as international offices in China, Romania, Mexico and Singapore. Oeschler AG modernized its entire IT and networking infrastucture to provide its employees with a high-speed network, reliable back-up capabilities, and better telephony solutions, as well as a centralized management system.
- Oechsler AG's existing platform was old and out-of-date, with many dedicated servers from different manufacturers, extremely heterogeneous.
- There was no central management, just individual tools for different tasks, and the bandwidth far exceeded the capacity of the installed network.
- Finally, even the most important components of the network were not installed redundantly, so if a network failure occurred, it had a knock-on effect on the entire company.
- The network serves to manage more than 1,000 PCs and 1,500 users around the world, as well as the corporate telephony system.
- With two fully redundant data centers, if an error occurs in the productive data center, the entire operation can be switched to the second data center within 3 seconds.
- Oeschler's entire global IT is now managed centrally from its headquarters in Anbasch, with a remote view of all the other Germany sites as well as international locations. This streamlining of processes and systems has resulted in significant savings.
- Employees have been particularly satisfied with the high transfer speed - they can now perform a complete backup of the file server in under half the time it took before.
"We created a completely new, modern foundation for our entire data and voice communications. We designed our infrastructure in a way that makes it innovative and flexible, provides high capacity and speed to the users, but remains reduced to the essential components.
— Thomas Ehnes , Head of IT