Connecticut Center for Advanced Technology is a nonprofit that advances innovation in IT strategies, applied technologies, energy solutions, career development and STEM education. Thanks to its new interoperable, redundant, enterprise-class infrastructure, Connecticut Center for Advanced Technology can provide services, including VoIP hosting and video streaming to its customers.
- Connecticut Center for Advanced Technology wanted an interoperable enterprise-class infrastructure to provide services, including Voice over IP (VoIP) hosting and video streaming, to 26 towns using Connecticut’s high-speed fiber optic Nutmeg Network.
- As Connecticut Center for Advanced Technology enables important services and functions, such as police dispatch, it required a robust and redundant solution and disaster recovery to ensure business continuity.
- As a nonprofit, Connecticut Center for Advanced Technology needed a budget-conscious solution without compromising on quality.
- The Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch® 6900 Stackable LAN Switch solution provides storage convergence through Internet Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI), thanks to the support for lossless Ethernet.
- The solution is highly available due to virtual chassis and a rapid failover to alternate data center.
- Future growth can be accommodated by extending the virtual chassis with very high capacity switches.
- The solution requires very little maintenance, enabling Connecticut Center for Advanced Technology to focus manpower and financial resources on its primary mission: offering IT services at the best possible price.
- The towns have access to enterprise-grade, reliable IT services, and backups at unbeatable cost.
- Disaster recovery is included, giving users peace of mind.
"The solution just works. It ticked all the right boxes for us: performance, reliability, simplicity and price. Our job is to deliver high-quality, dependable IT services that improve operations for our customers. And the Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise solution is doing just that. We’re very satisfied with the results.
— Dan Salazar, Director of IT