Situated in the heart of Pennsylvania, State College Area School District is spread over 12 campuses, educating about 6900 students and 1350 faculty and administrative staff. Thanks to the replacement of the outdated network with an upgraded infrastructure, students are able to fully utilize digital learning on campus.
- SCASD wanted to replace their outdated infrastructure that could not handle the additional traffic brought by the new BYOD initiative
- The network upgrade had to match the increasing demands for apps and services, and fully connect the student body -- a one-to-one student/device ratio was being implemented for 6th to 12th grade students
- The new solution needed to support 24/7 IPTV services and video-on-demand across all campuses
- The steady implementation of 1g LAN and 10g aggregation provides the support for widespread wireless coverage for students and staff, enabling improved access to resources, regardless of location or device
- Full inter-campus video-on-demand allows staff to host conferences and share information effortlessly via the modified IP technology
- The solution enables new maintenance jobs to be requested on the move, enabling health and safety issues to be addressed as they arise and eliminating potential expenses
- Thanks to this new technology, students and staff can now use the latest digital services to advance in e-learning and maintain communication across campuses
"SCASD chose an intelligent wireless environment to stay at the forefront of digital education and to apply the latest teaching methods using new technology. Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise has been central for us in achieving educational excellence and is also an important partner in improving and implementing our initiatives.
— Nick Zepp, Senior IT Manager, SCASD