The University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) is one of the leading providers of technical education and largest universities in Australia. Since its founding in 1988, UTS has provided students with practice-based, comprehensive instruction that has earned them worldwide recognition as an outstanding example of expert training in the technological field. The University introduced a new converged network to improve their data, voice and video capabilities.
- UTS required a robust, high-performance network infrastructure to support their billion-dollar campus expansion plan.
- Wireless access was essential for highly connected students and faculty with multiple devices across campuses & housing developments.
- Building a secure WLAN network in a high-density urban environment with large volumes of non-university device interference was also taken into account.
- Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise’s powerful network can easily handle increased bandwidth requirements and the OmniSwitch® system will address and support future system needs. This cutting-edge technology positions UTS as a leading provider of higher education in a highly competitive market.
- The new Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise network management, access points and switch solutions have significantly reduced the upfront costs as well as the costs associated with maintenance and upkeep with a fully integrated system.
- The advanced Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise network provides tomorrow’s technology industry workers with the technology they need to succeed today.
"Communication and collaboration are core to every part of our business and the use of our Wi-Fi network has been increasing at a rapid pace. At UTS we make heavy use of technology to enrich teaching and learning. We engage with students through social media, video and electronic communications. If we didn’t have a fast, well designed network underpinning all this, it just wouldn’t work. "
— Peter Gale, Information Technology Division Manager