Al-Farabi Kazakh National University is the most renowned university in Kazakhstan, providing education to over 18,000 students. Their new network provides secure and pervasive access, essential to today's learning environments.
- Al-Farabi needed to integrate solutions with their existing technology, which is provided by other vendors
- The university wanted to strengthen security to the maximum possible level, while also maintaining privacy for users
- In addition, the previous infrastructure was not scalable, and the university wanted to have options for expansion and upgrading
- Al-Farabi now has full WLAN coverage across the whole campus, which is approximately 20 000 m²
- The university has scalable systems in place, allowing for the possibility of future expansion
- Network access for the University’s visiting guests is now simpler to provide, and can be reached over any available devices
- By providing one point for the security management of both visitors and users, the Total Cost of Ownership has been significantly lowered
- All users are better protected by a higher level of secured connectivity
- Visitors have much easier access to the university’s resources
"Al-Farabi Kazakh National University is proud to present our new network, featuring a full line-up of active network control equipment. Our expectations for the ALU products were exceeded, and today we have: an increase in productivity and network uptime, increased levels of fault tolerance, scalability across the network, as well as high levels of information security, and active implementation of cloud technologies. All of these factors have helped us minimize costs, and contribute to the strong performance of our IT infrastructure."
— Mamykova Zhanl, Director, Institute of IT and Innovative Development