Spinal Injuries Australia is Queensland’s leading provider of high-quality spinal injury care, focusing on patients who suffer from spinal cord injuries and improving their quality of life in their homes, at the workplace, and in the community. Spinal Injuries Australia introduces new communications system, featuring remote access and promoting productivity.
- Spinal Injuries Australia is outgrowing its traditional telephony system as the organization has been expanding rapidly in the past five years.
- With a geographically spread employee base made up of personal support workers that are constantly on the move, the company needs to ensure a strong telecommunications solution to optimize the delivery of service and make the best use of its resources.
- IT infrastructure has to be flexible and scalable for future potential expansion in order to be able to respond to the dynamic environment in which the company operates.
- The migration to the new IP telephony solution has simplified the communication and network infrastructure and ensures continuity of service across the multiple sites, which is vital to the customer service abilities.
- This offer provides a single bill for carriage, system and maintenance costs, as well as a single point of contact for the organization’s telecommunication difficulties.
- The organisation is also able to redirect calls across its 3 sites in cases of emergency, particularly as it operates in a cyclone prone area such as Townsville and Cairns.
- Moving to an IP Telephony system has created cost savings and provided the organization with insights on optimizing the service for the future. It has reduced the telephony expenses by approximately 30%.
- All employees have access to a better range of communication capabilities such as VoIP, voicemail, conferencing and remote access while improving their productivity and interaction with each other as the two systems are logically seen as one.
"With so many stakeholders involved, it is critical for us to have an IT solution that streamlines the communication and collaboration between our network of partners, employees and support workers in order to deliver the best quality of service to our clients."
— Paul Mansell, IT Manager