With an appealing central location, striking design and expert hospitality, the Radisson Blu Hotel in Doha makes an obvious choice among hotels in the area. Its 583 guest rooms and suites showcase intriguing styles from clean-lined contemporary to classic Arabic. Radisson Blu Hotel introduces a converged solution to provide guests with free internet access, and employees with a reliable and scalable network.
- With a limited number of IT resources, Radisson Blu Hotel was looking for a converged solution to meet guest expectations by upgrading internet services in all rooms and public areas
- Radisson Blu Hotel wanted to offer all guests free internet access
- The hotel needed a reliable system that would be trouble-free, and most importantly, provides future scalability
- The maintenance staff wanted to be connected with Wi-Fi phones offering a full deskphone experience
- The IP infrastructure enables the hotel to add new features and applications that are relevant to the business, when they are needed. Radisson Blu Hotel’s centralized solution provides a clear view of IT operations. The platform is easy to use, stable and reliable, and provides wireless access with good upload and download speeds
- Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise provided an affordable and stable platform with future scalability, which allows the hotel to optimize their costs. Radisson Blu Hotel now enjoys an infrastructure with low OPEX
- Wireless internet access running throughout the hotel creates a BYOD platform for guests. On top of this, housekeeping staff can be connected on the move
"We realized that not only would we be integrating and deploying something that needed to fit today’s requirements, but also those coming in a few years. There will always be ad hoc requirements, and it is good to know we have a solid platform in which we can always add applications to."
— Huzefa Hussain, IT Manager