Secretaria de Energia is the government department responsible for production and regulation of energy in Mexico. Secretaria de Energia upgraded its voice platform with VoIP that provides extra mobility and increased conference call capacity.
- The Secretaria de Energia needed to renew an installed voice base that contained only analog lines and update their phone lines to Voice over IP (VoIP).
- The Secretaria de Energia also required telephony services in mobility mode for personal devices
- The department required a conference call solution that could host more than 3 participants, a new and efficient unified messaging platform, and a complete suite for management and monitoring of the voice solution
- In addition, the Secretaria de Energia needed to deal with communication issues that were occurring between buildings
- The Secretaria de Energia has two Alcatel-Lucent OmniPCX™ Enterprise Communication Servers, which means it is possible to keep them on at all times, which is important when protecting against a fail-safe
- In addition, the quality of service, in terms of reducing failure points, has greatly improved
- Technical support costs have been reduced due to fewer reports of equipment failure
- Also, VoIP creates substantial savings because long distance calls have now become inexpensive
- Having the latest technology provides the necessary encryption to provide all department employees complete privacy of communication, and creates extra mobility for staff by connecting with personal devices
"Today we are very satisfied with the tools we have, which have provided us with exceptional service."
— Bruno P. Martinez Lizardi, General Director of Information Technology and Communications