Mercy Hospice Auckland provides a range of specialist community palliative care for people facing life limiting illnesses, caring for them with the utmost professional skill, compassion, and quality of service. Patients are now receiving the highest standard of care due to broad range of communication services provided by Mercy Hospice Auckland.
- Mercy Hospice Auckland started without any unified communication capabilities
- The majority of the organization ran on wired connectivity, and relied on AirPort Express for limited wireless connectivity through some parts of the site
- Mercy Hospice Auckland required the nurses and other staff to have the capability to communicate quickly, and on the move
- The OpenTouch™ Suite for SMB has provided Mercy Hospice Auckland with a broad range of reliable and robust communication services, such as email and live chat
- The platform is perfectly tailored to suit the individual business needs of MHA
- Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise provided the highest quality technology at a competitive cost, which was crucial to MHA, as a non-profit organization
- Patients are now receiving the highest standard of care due to the broad range of communication services MHA now have
- Hospice staff can connect and collaborate seamlessly between sites, even when they are mobile
"Cogent and Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise helped us establish a cost-effective, connected infrastructure in order to improve the experience for our in-patients by providing them with a broad range of reliable and robust communication services, such as email and live chat, to better connect patients with family and friends. Our nurses also now have the tools to engage and collaborate on the fly in order to spend more time with patients and less time on the phone."
— Michael Misomphane, IT Coordinator