Les Hôpitaux Universitaires de Strasbourg are a set of seven sites. Recognized for the quality of their care, they are also distinguished for their many innovations in the field of research. Les Hôpitaux Universitaires de Strasbourg were seeking improved performance of the network to use high-tech applications using large volumes of data and require a higher power network.
- The existing infrastructure was not scalable and the installed hardware was becoming obsolete
- Les Hôpitaux Universitaires de Strasbourg were looking for improved network performance to use high technology applications which rely on high data volumes
- Network reliability and availability were also a major consideration. This involved a redundant architecture for a teaching hospital housing critical services such as the emergency and intensive care departments, and the ambulance service
- Highly scalable infrastructure that is responsive, reliable and available
- Economically advantageous solution (about 20% savings)
- Solid foundation for deploying new medical uses such as video, mobile access to patient examinations (imaging, laboratory...), paperless, and use of applications from smartphones
- Better patient service by providing faster and more reliable information
- Overall framework of computerization provides staff with all IT tools for their activity such as prescriptions, patient records, appointment management, access to imagery, laboratory results, and correspondence
"Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise showed great sensitivity to our problems and had the resources to overcome the difficulties of a migration like this.
The project was successful thanks to an open and transparent relationship on both successes and difficulties, which demonstrated a will to succeed together.
— François Guerder, IT Director