Universidad del Pacifico is a private university which is considered as one of the leading institutions in the Latin American region. The university improved learning experince of their students and staff by bringing BYOD experience.
- Universidad del Pacifico had platform management and maintenance issues being caused by the obsolete former infrastructure of the university
- The university needed to replace their existing network and wireless infrastructure with a converged infrastructure solution, using the latest technology to benefit both their students and staff members through Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) opportunity
- The university network is now fully powered over ethernet. Also, all backbone connections are now upgraded to 20 Gbps link aggregation control protocols. Their core switches are now 40 Gbps links to the DMZ, running through a firewall
- Since the implementation, the UP is now covered by 802.11n dual-channel wireless network, and will use the new 802.11ac standard in all new halls
- Thanks to Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise's solutions, the university saved $120,000 this year. Two virtual laboratories were created by utilizing the BYOD concept, and thus additional investment was not necessary
- Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise’s solutions enabled all students and staff members to adapt easily to BYOD by improving their experience
"To access the learning management platform and virtual desktops with full academic software from anywhere and on any device, and to be able to convert a conventional classroom in a laboratory are invaluable technological facilities for students and teachers in the process of teaching and learning at the Universidad del Pacifico."
— Ugo Ojeda del Arco, Director of Information Management and Technology Innovation